|Friends in Christ
Spiritual Practice Handouts
Friends in Christ Weekly Message
[NOTE: This message was originally published November 2, 2000.]
July 28, 2012
I want you to know all about Christ's love, although it is too wonderful to be measured. Then your lives will be filled with all that God is.
I pray that Christ Jesus and the church will forever bring praise to God. His power at work in us can do far more than we dare ask or imagine.
Ephesians 3:19-21 (CEV*)
Paul here is telling the church at Ephesus some truly amazing things - which are true in all places at all times not just for that church when Paul was writing. Grasping these truths leads to transformed lives.
There are two closely related awesome promises or possibilities in these few lines:
- That our lives will be filled with all that God is. What a promise! We tend to think of God as some one or some Spirit that is so far beyond us there is no comparison. But we can be far more than we think we can, letting God fill our lives with all that God is.
- We can do far more than we dare ask or imagine - when God's power is at work within us. Often we feel we are weak and not capable of great things. Indeed, in our own power, we are. But we must not let our sense of our limitations hold us back, because God can do anything using us.
Paul gives two keys to these promises and possibilities:
- Knowing all about Christ's love. As Paul notes, this love is indeed too wonderful to be measured. Being fully aware of it is key to our lives being totally transformed. We know how the love of someone very special in our lives can have tremendous effects in our lives. The love of Christ is even beyond that as it is perfect; and it is available to each one of us.
- Praising God. We are to forever bring praise to God. Filling our lives with praise and thankfulness opens us up and allows God to do things through us tht are far more than we dare ask or imagine.
Do you know all about Christ's love, and do you live in that love? Are you forever bringing praise to God?
* Contemporary English Version ©1995 American Bible Society.
©2000, 2012 Friends in Christ, Inc.
Friends in Christ, Inc.
701 King Farm Blvd. #134
Rockville, MD 20850-6168
Document last modified on Saturday, 18-Aug-2012 20:39:42 EDT