|Friends in Christ
Spiritual Practice Handouts
What People Say About
Friends in Christ
Friends in Christ began ministry in Greenbelt, Maryland in March of 1999. Below are some reactions by participants to the worship experience and classes which the ministry has offered:
- "I have found the right place where sharing faith builds trust, strength, laughter and joy. They are a happy and positive group and I wouldn't miss out on this!"
- "In our searching of scripture and our life experiences with the light given us by the Holy Spirit, I am
finding a spirit of thankfulness stengthened in me, a desire to be worthy of the treasure of God's love, and assurance of His forgiveness. It is very wonderful indeed, how He brings our lives and souls together!"
- "Participating in this group has been a real help to me - after many months of painful alienation from God, I am finding it easier to pray and to relax in God's presence."
- "The group has added another layer or dimension deeper towards my spiritual development and awareness. I've completed some healing and shedding of pain & guilt I had been burdened with for years and feel lighter and filled with joy and God's love."
- "I experienced a closeness and friendship while enriching my spiritual growth. ... I felt the way that it was presented was very effective."
- "Every time I attended a meeting, I was impressed by how well structured it was. ... I thought the low-key format might be a good re-entry for me into the Christian life, which I had abandoned in my autumn depression. That too has come about; or at the least, a seed was sown. ... It has been very pleasant for me to be among such kind-hearted and generous Christian folk. The prayer times at the end of the meetings were often rewarding and inspiring to me."
- "My expectations are being met very well. I have found many blessings in the presence and sharing of others in the group. ... It has been a blessing and a refuge."
- "...it has served as a wonderful support group already for me, because members email me and pray for me, and I for them."
- "It has helped me feel more assured of God's & Christ's presence in my life and helped me feel calmer and stronger in facing some difficult situations."
Friends in Christ, Inc.
701 King Farm Blvd. #134
Rockville, MD 20850-6168
Document last modified on Saturday, 27-Dec-2003 09:35:43 EST